17 First Kisses, Better Off Red, Cam Girl, For the Record, George, HOOK'S REVENGE, Hotel Ruby, How to Be Brave, ILLUSIVE, Just Visiting, More Happy Than Not, Play On, Ten Thousand Skies Above You, The Suffering, The Walls Around Us, The Wrath and the Dawn, This Side of Home, What You Left Behind, Written in the Stars
Welcome to Dahlia’s book club, wherein I rec four books in each of five categories every month and hope that you read them. If you do, and you leave a link to a review for at least one of them in the comments, you’ll be entered to win one of three prizes every month – one entry per book. If you read and review* one in each and every category, you automatically win. The last weekday of the month is your last day to submit a review, and the length of the review does not matter, but it must be posted to Goodreads and Amazon or BN.com to be eligible for a prize. Simple enough, right?
If a title’s in blue, it means I haven’t read it yet either – let’s do it together, shall we?
If you’re loving something you’re reading from the list, please share on hashtag #DahlBC!
*To enter to win a prize, your review must be new. To be eligible for the Five Reviews Insta-prize, up to two of your reviews can be old, as long as they’re on Amazon. (If the book hasn’t yet been published, your blog/Goodreads is fine.)
YA Published Before This Year
- Realistic: Charm & Strange by Stephanie Kuehn or 17 First Kisses by Rachael Allen
- Spec Fic: The Art of Wishing by Lindsay Ribar* or Illusive by Emily Lloyd-Jones**
*You can also read/review the sequel, The Fourth Wish, for an extra entry
**You can also read/review the sequel, Deceptive, for an extra entry
YA Published This Year
- Realistic: This Side of Home by Renee Watson or What You Left Behind by Jessica Verdi
- Spec Fic: The Walls Around Us by Nova Ren Suma or The Suffering by Rin Chupeco*
*Sequel to The Girl From the Well; reading/reviewing that will count as well
Out This Month+
- Realistic: How to Be Brave by Kathy Kottaras or For the Record by Charlotte Huang (or Just Visiting by Dahlia Adler, but me taking up one of the two slots would be kinda rude)
- Spec Fic: Ten Thousand Skies Above You by Claudia Gray* or Hotel Ruby by Suzanne Young (which I don’t think is actually spec fic but it’s really hard to find a standalone and also I wanna read this one)
+Anything in this category is still due by end of month for that month’s prize, but these books will continue to make you eligible for an entry for the next month. If you reviewed one of October’s books in this category, link in the comments to be eligible to win this month!
*Sequel to A Thousand Pieces of You; reading/reviewing that will count as well
- Realistic: Play On by Michelle Smith or Written in the Stars by Aisha Saeed
- Spec Fic: The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh or More Happy Than Not by Adam Silvera
- Realistic: George by Alex Gino (MG) or Cam Girl by Leah Raeder (NA)
- Spec Fic: Hook’s Revenge by Heidi Schulz (MG) or Better Off Red by Rebekah Weatherspoon (NA)
As for the prizes**:
- A signed copy of Cam Girl by Leah Raeder
- A signed copy of Dreamstrider by Lindsay Smith
- A signed copy of Never Never by Brianna Shrum
A signed copy of Underneath Everything by Marcy Beller Paul(Claimed!) A signed copy of Just Visiting by Dahlia Adler(Claimed!)
**All listed prizes this month are US only, so if you’re outside the US, your entry is for the book of your choice from the above list, provided the book is available electronically or via The Book Depository!