Welcome to Dahlia’s book club, wherein I rec four books in each of five categories every month and hope that you read them. If you do, and you leave a link to a review for at least one of them in the comments, you’ll be entered to win one of three prizes every month – one entry per book. If you read and review* one in each and every category, you automatically win. The last weekday of the month is your last day to submit a review, and the length of the review does not matter, but it must be posted to Goodreads and Amazon or BN.com to be eligible for a prize. Simple enough, right?
If a title’s in blue, it means I haven’t read it yet either – let’s do it together, shall we?
*To enter to win a prize, your review must be new. To be eligible for the Five Reviews Insta-prize, up to two of your reviews can be old, as long as they’re on Amazon.
If you’re loving something you’re reading from the list, please share on hashtag #DahlBC!
YA Published Before This Year
- Realistic: The Anatomical Shape of the Heart by Jenn Bennett or Every Breath
by Ellie Marney
- Spec Fic: Of Metal and Wishes by Sarah Fine or Love in the Time of Global Warming by Francesca Lia Block
YA Published This Year
- Realistic: Run by Kody Keplinger or Lucky Few by Kathryn Ormsbee
- Spec Fic: Colorblind by Siera Maley or This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab
Out This Month+
- Realistic: The Smaller Evil by Stephanie Kuehn or Whatever. by SJ Goslee
- Spec Fic: Vicarious by Paula Stokes or Wax by Gina D’Amico
+Anything in this category is still due by end of month for that month’s prize, but these books will continue to make you eligible for an entry for the next month. If you reviewed one of July’s books in this category, link in the comments to be eligible to win this month!
- Realistic: Don’t Get Caught by Kurt Dinan or The Only Thing Worse Than Me is You by Lily Anderson
- Spec Fic: Arrows by Melissa Gorzelanczyk or We Awaken by Calista Lynne
- Realistic: Blackbird Fly by Erin Entrada Kelly (MG) or Roller Girl by Vanessa North (Contemporary Romance)
- Spec Fic: Some Kind of Happiness by Claire Legrand (MG) or Last Call at the Nightshade Lounge by Paul Krueger (NA)
As for the prizes:
- An ARC of We Are Still Tornadoes by Michael Kun and Susan Mullen (US only)
A paperback of Wake the Hollow by Gaby Triana (US only)
- The ebook of your choice by Courtney Milan
- The ebook of your choice by Alyssa Cole
- An ARC of Thicker Than Water by Kelly Fiore (US only)
- A paperback of Tiny Pretty Things by Sona Charaipotra and Dhonielle Clayton