Welcome to Dahlia’s book club, wherein I rec four books in each of five categories every month and hope that you read them. If you do, and you leave a link to a review for at least one of them in the comments, you’ll be entered to win one of three prizes every month – one entry per book. If you read and review* one in each and every category, you automatically win. The last weekday of the month is your last day to submit a review, and the length of the review does not matter, but it must be posted to Goodreads and Amazon or BN.com to be eligible for a prize. Simple enough, right?
If a title’s in blue, it means I haven’t read it yet either – let’s do it together, shall we?
*To enter to win a prize, your review must be new. To be eligible for the Five Reviews Insta-prize, up to two of your reviews can be old, as long as they’re on Amazon.
If you’re loving something you’re reading from the list, please share on hashtag #DahlBC!
YA Published Before This Year
- Realistic: The F-It List by Julie Halpern or The Boy in the Black Suit by Jason Reynolds
- Spec Fic: The Awesome by Eva Darrows or Legacy of Kings by Eleanor Herman
YA Published This Year
- Realistic: Gena/Finn by Kat Helgeson and Hannah Moskowitz or The Great American Whatever by Tim Federle
- Spec Fic: And I Darken by Kiersten White or Mirror in the Sky by Aditi Khorana
Out This Month+
- Realistic: Shiny Broken Pieces by Sona Charaipotra and Dhonielle Clayton* or Little Black Dresses, Little White Lies by Laura Stampler
- Spec Fic: The Shadow Hour by Melissa Grey* or We Awaken by Calista Lynne
*Second in a series; reading the first book counts too
+Anything in this category is still due by end of month for that month’s prize, but these books will continue to make you eligible for an entry for the next month. If you reviewed one of June’s books in this category, link in the comments to be eligible to win this month!
- Realistic: Even if the Sky Falls by Mia Garcia or Please Don’t Tell by Laura Tims
- Spec Fic: Ivory and Bone by Julie Eshbaugh or The Marked Girl by Lindsey Klingele
- Realistic: My Seventh Grade Life in Tights by Brooks Benjamin (MG) or Undecided by Juliana Keyes (NA)
- Spec Fic: Secrets of the Dragon Tomb by Patrick Samphire (MG) or Wake of Vultures by Lila Bowen (Adult)
As for the prizes:
A paperback of Simon Vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli
- A paperback of A Little Something Different by Sandy Hall (US only)
A paperback of How We Fall by Kate Brauning An ARC of Afterward by Jen Mathieu (US only)