Welcome to Dahlia’s book club, wherein I rec four books in each of five categories every month and hope that you read them. If you do, and you leave a link to a review for at least one of them in the comments, you’ll be entered to win one of three prizes every month – one entry per book. If you read and review* one in each and every category, you automatically win. The last weekday of the month is your last day to submit a review, and the length of the review does not matter, but it must be posted to Goodreads and Amazon or BN.com to be eligible for a prize. Simple enough, right?
If a title’s in blue, it means I haven’t read it yet either – let’s do it together, shall we?
*To enter to win a prize, your review must be new. To be eligible for the Five Reviews Insta-prize, up to two of your reviews can be old, as long as they’re on they’re Amazon.
If you’re loving something you’re reading from the list, please share on hashtag #DahlBC!
YA Published Before This Year
- Realistic: Thin Space by Jody Casella or Far From You by Tess Sharpe
- Spec Fic: Scarlet* by A.C. Gaughen or Zeroboxer by Fonda Lee
*Reviews of either of the other books in the trilogy count as well
YA Published This Year
- Realistic: You Were Here by Cori McCarthy or Tell Me Three Things by Julie Buxbaum
- Spec Fic: We Are the Ants by Shaun David Hutchinson or The Rose & the Dagger by Renee Ahdieh*
*A review of The Wrath and the Dawn counts as well
Out This Month+
- Realistic: Gena/Finn by Kat Helgeson and Hannah Moskowitz or If I Was Your Girl by Meredith Russo
- Spec Fic: The Crown’s Game by Evelyn Skye or Holding Smoke by Elle Cosimano
+Anything in this category is still due by end of month for that month’s prize, but these books will continue to make you eligible for an entry for the next month. If you reviewed one of April’s books in this category, link in the comments to be eligible to win this month!
- Realistic: The Serpent King by Jeff Zentner or Seven Ways We Lie by Riley Redgate
- Spec Fic: The Star-Touched Queen by Roshani Chokshi or Emerge by Tobie Easton
- Realistic: The Whole Story of Half a Girl by Veera Hiranandani (MG) or The Year We Fell Down by Sarina Bowen (NA)
- Spec Fic: The Cavendish Home for Boys and Girls by Claire Legrand (MG) or Every Heart a Doorway by Seanan Maguire (Adult SFF)
As for the prizes:
An ARC of Tumbling by Caela Carter (US only)
- An ebook of Game. Set. Match. by Jennifer Iacopelli
- A paperback of Pointe by Brandy Colbert
An signed paperback of Unicorn Tracks by Julia Ember