Welcome to Dahlia’s book club, wherein I rec four books in each of five categories every month and hope that you read them. If you do, and you leave a link to a review for at least one of them in the comments, you’ll be entered to win one of three prizes every month – one entry per book. If you read and review* one in each and every category, you automatically win. The last weekday of the month is your last day to submit a review, and the length of the review does not matter, but it must be posted to Goodreads and Amazon or BN.com to be eligible for a prize. Simple enough, right?
If a title’s in blue, it means I haven’t read it yet either – let’s do it together, shall we?
*To enter to win a prize, your review must be new. To be eligible for the Five Reviews Insta-prize, up to two of your reviews can be old, as long as they’re on Amazon.
If you’re loving something you’re reading from the list, please share on hashtag #DahlBC!
YA Published Before This Year
- Realistic: Three Day Summer by Sarvenaz Tash or How to Repair a Mechanical Heart by J.C. Lillis
- Spec Fic: Finnikin of the Rock by Melina Marchetta* or Dark Star by Bethany Frenette*
*Reviews of either of the other books in the trilogy count as well
YA Published This Year
- Realistic: Exit, Pursued By a Bear by E.K. Johnston or Burn Baby Burn by Meg Medina
- Spec Fic: Starflight by Melissa Landers or The Steep and Thorny Way by Cat Winters
Out This Month+
- Realistic: The Darkest Corners by Kara Thomas or When We Collided by Emery Lord
- Spec Fic: Future Shock by Elizabeth Briggs or The Rose and the Dagger by Renee Ahdieh
+Anything in this category is still due by end of month for that month’s prize, but these books will continue to make you eligible for an entry for the next month. If you reviewed one of March’s books in this category, link in the comments to be eligible to win this month!
- Realistic: The First Time She Drowned by Kerry Kletter or A Study in Charlotte by Brittany Cavallaro
- Spec Fic: Where Futures End by Parker Peevyhouse or Rebel of the Sands by Alwyn Hamilton
- Realistic: My Life With the Liars by Caela Carter (MG) or Swimming to Tokyo by Brenda St. John Brown (NA) (or Right of First Refusal by Dahlia Adler, aka Me)
- Spec Fic: Akata Witch by Nnedi Okorafor (MG) or The Second Mango by Shira Glassman (NA) or The Winged Histories by Sofia Samatar (Adult)
As for the prizes:
- A signed hardcover of Three Day Summer by Sarvenaz Tash*
- A signed paperback of The Island by S. Usher Evans*
- A signed hardcover of When We Collided by Emery Lord*
- eBooks of Last Will and Testament and Right of First Refusal by me
eBooks of Luck on the Line, Love on the Ledge, and Life on the Level by Zoraida Cordova A preorder of Wild Swans by Jessica Spotswood