Welcome to Dahlia’s book club, wherein I rec four books in each of five categories every month and hope that you read them. If you do, and you leave a link to a review for at least one of them in the comments, you’ll be entered to win one of the listed prizes every month – one entry per book. If you read and review one in each and every category, you automatically win. The last weekday of the month is your last day to submit a review, and the length of the review does not matter, but it must be posted to Goodreads and Amazon or BN.com to be eligible for a prize. Simple enough, right?
If a title’s in blue, it means I haven’t read it yet either – let’s do it together, shall we?
*To enter to win a prize, your review must be new. To be eligible for the Five Reviews Insta-prize, up to two of your reviews can be old, as long as they’re on Amazon.
If you’re loving something you’re reading from the list, please share on hashtag #DahlBC!
YA Published Before This Year
- Realistic: The Disenchantments by Nina LaCour or All-American Boys by Jason Reynolds and Brendan Kiely
- Spec Fic: Stolen Songbird by Danielle L. Jensen or Because You’ll Never Meet Me by Leah Thomas
YA Published This Year
- Realistic: The Smell of Other People’s Houses by Bonnie Sue Hitchcock or Up to This Pointe by Jennifer Longo
- Spec Fic: Truthwitch by Susan Dennard or These Vicious Masks by Tarun Shanker and Kelly Zekas
Out This Month+
- Realistic: Map of Fates by Maggie Hall* or This is Where the World Ends by Amy Zhang
- Spec Fic: On the Edge of Gone by Corinne Duyvis or Beyond the Red by Ava Jae
*Sequel to The Conspiracy of Us. Reading/reviewing that will count as well. Both = two entries.
+Anything in this category is still due by end of month for that month’s prize, but these books will continue to make you eligible for an entry for the next month. If you reviewed one of February’s books in this category, link in the comments to be eligible to win this month!
- Realistic: The Year We Fell Apart by Emily Martin or Symptoms of Being Human by Jeff Garvin
- Spec Fic: Blackhearts by Nicole Castroman or Bleeding Earth by Kaitlin Ward
- Realistic: At Your Service by Jen Malone (MG) or More Than Fashion by Elizabeth Briggs* (NA)
- Spec Fic: Pilfer Academy by Lauren Magaziner (MG) or Inspire by Cora Carmack (NA)
*If you’ve already read and reviewed this one, any Elizabeth Briggs title you haven’t yet will do.
As for the prizes:
A signed ARC of Skyscraping by Cordelia Jensen*
- A hardcover of The Smell of Other People’s Houses by Bonnie Sue Hitchock*
- A hardcover of This is Where it Ends by Marieke Nijkamp*
A signed paperback of Right of First Refusal by Dahlia Adler (me)* or an ebook of it, if you’re outside the US
- An ebook of Strong Signal by Megan Erickson and Santino Hassel
*Prizes are US-only. If you are outside the US, your prize is a March DahlBC book of your choice, available via The Book Depository or electronically