Welcome to Dahlia’s book club, wherein I rec four books in each of five categories every month and hope that you read them. If you do, and you leave a link to a review for at least one of them in the comments, you’ll be entered to win one of three prizes every month – one entry per book. If you read and review* one in each and every category, you automatically win. The last weekday of the month is your last day to submit a review, and the length of the review does not matter, but it must be posted to Goodreads and Amazon or BN.com to be eligible for a prize. Simple enough, right?
If a title’s in blue, it means I haven’t read it yet either – let’s do it together, shall we?
*To enter to win a prize, your review must be new. To be eligible for the Five Reviews Insta-prize, up to two of your reviews can be old, as long as they’re on they’re Amazon.
If you’re loving something you’re reading from the list, please share on hashtag #DahlBC!
YA Published Before This Year (Which, for this month, means before 2015)
- Realistic: Dangerous Girls by Abigail Haas or Tell Me Again How a Crush Should Feel by Sara Farizan
- Spec Fic: The Girl From the Well by Rin Chupeco* or Beware the Wild by Natalie C. Parker*
*Reading/Reviewing the sequel, The Suffering, too, counts as well. Both = two entries.
**The sequel/companion, Behold the Bones, releases this month; reading/reviewing that one counts as well. Both = two entries.
YA Published This Year (Which, for this month, is a 2015-16 mix)
- Realistic: The Night We Said Yes by Lauren Gibaldi or The Last Leaves Falling by Sarah (Fox) Benwell
- Spec Fic: The Impostor Queen by Sarah Fine or Shadowshaper by Daniel Jose Older
Out This Month+
- Realistic: The Forbidden Orchid by Sharon Biggs Waller or Take the Fall by Emily Hainsworth
- Spec Fic: Unhooked by Lisa Maxwell or The Forbidden Wish by Jessica Khoury
+Anything in this category is still due by end of month for that month’s prize, but these books will continue to make you eligible for an entry for the next month. If you reviewed one of January’s books in this category, link in the comments to be eligible to win this month!
2016 Debut (Spec Fic is subject to the Out This Month rules)
- Realistic: The Mystery of Hollow Places by Rebecca Podos or Firsts by Laurie Elizabeth Flynn
- Spec Fic: The Abyss Surrounds Us by Emily Skrutskie or The Girl From Everywhere by Heidi Heilig
- Realistic: The Honest Truth by Dan Gemeinhart (MG) or Loud is How I Love You by Mercy Brown (NA)
- Spec Fic: Monstrous by MarcyKate Connolly* or Industry Darling by Caitlin Rantala (NA)
*The sequel, Ravenous, releases this month; reviewing that will count as well
As for the prizes*:
- A hardcover of All the Rage by Courtney Summers*
An ARC of Suffer Love by Ashley Herring Blake*
- An ARC of Liars and Losers Like Us by Ami Allen-Vath*
- An ebook of The Distance From A to Z by Natalie Blitt
A copy of the above book of your choice