Welcome to Dahlia’s book club, wherein I rec four books in each of five categories every month and hope that you read them. If you do, and review them, and leave a comment telling me where you left your reviews, you’ll be entered to win one of three prizes every month – one entry per book. If you read and review* one in each and every category, you automatically win. The last weekday of the month is your last day to submit a review, and the length of the review does not matter, but it must be posted to Goodreads and Amazon or BN.com to be eligible for a prize. Simple enough, right?
If a title’s in blue, it means I haven’t read it yet either – let’s do it together, shall we?
*To enter to win a prize, your review must be new. To be eligible for the Five Reviews Insta-prize, up to two of your reviews can be old, as long as they’re on Amazon. (If the book hasn’t yet been published, your blog/Goodreads is fine.)
If you’re loving something you’re reading from the list, please share on hashtag #DahlBC!
YA Published Before This Year
- Realistic: Something Like Normal by Trish Doller or Over You by Amy Reed
- Genre: The Vicious Deep by Zoraida Cordova or Unspoken by Sarah Rees Brennan
YA Published This Year
- Realistic: All the Rage by Courtney Summers or None of the Above by I.W. Gregorio
- Genre: The Winner’s Crime by Marie Rutkoski or Serpentine by Cindy Pon
Out This Month+
- Realistic: What’s Broken Between Us by Alexis Bass or The Trouble with Destiny by Lauren Morrill
- Genre: I honestly don’t know any spec fic coming out this month, so, from earlier this year, The Rose Society by Marie Lu or The Scorpion Rules by Erin Bow
+Anything in this category is still due by end of month for that month’s prize, but the Realistic books will continue to make you eligible for an entry for the next month. If you reviewed one of November’s books in this category, link in the comments to be eligible to win this month!
- Realistic: The Sacred Lies of Minnow Bly by Stephanie Oakes or Made You Up by Francesca Zappia
- Genre: The Dead House by Dawn Kurtagich or Tracked by Jenny Martin
- Realistic: Under the Egg by Laura Marx Fitzgerald (MG) or Trust the Focus* by Megan Erickson
- Genre: The Real Boy by Anne Ursu (MG) or The Star Thief by Jamie Grey (NA)
*Focus on Me, the second book in this companion series, would count as well
As for the prizes**:
- A signed copy of Trust Me, I’m Trouble by Mary Elizabeth Summer
A signed copy of How to Be Brave by Kathy Kottaras A signed copy of For the Record by Charlotte Huang An ARC of This is Where it Ends by Marieke Nijkamp
- An ebook of Last Will and Testament by Dahlia Adler
- Any ebook by Katherine Locke
**Listed prizes 1-4 are US-only. If you are outside the US, you are entering for a copy of any of this month’s books, provided they are available electronically or via The Book Depository.