It’s that time again! Another month has come to an end, and it’s time to check in with my 2014 goals/resolutions!
But first, a few of awesome things:
- In case you missed it, I was lucky enough to get my first blurb from the ridiculously amazing Trish Doller, authors of such excellent YAs as SOMETHING LIKE NORMAL and WHERE THE STARS STILL SHINE. You can check that out here.
- The awesome Heather R. of Flyleaf Review is hosting a giveaway for a signed ARC of BEHIND THE SCENES!
- It came to my attention this month that a loooot of people didn’t realize that MY NAME IS EVERETT is going to be published as the third book of my deal with Spencer Hill. So, surprise! It is :) I can’t wait to share it with everybody, and I really hope you guys love it as much as I do. It’ll release on November 17, 2015, and probably go through some massive changes before then, but it will emerge into the world.
- My wonderful CP Gina Ciocca sold her amazing amazing amazing contemporary YA romance, LAST YEAR’S MISTAKE, this month, and if you haven’t already added it to your TBR, I so, so strongly encourage you to do so! You can read some more of my thoughts on it here.
- Many thanks to everyone who participated in the giveaway for my annotated ARC, and especially to those who promoted the giveaway. It was amazing to see so much support, especially while I was on vacation and largely inaccessible, and you guys so completely make my world go ’round. The winner was the lovely Ami Allen-Vath, and I’m sure she’ll be happy to share some notes with you at my expense, so you may want to follow her just for that ;)
- This was a really, really great month for friends of mine releasing some of the best YA I’ve read in a really ridiculously long time. You can read about five of my favorites here, and yes, I highly recommend all of them!
- And finally, make sure you come back here tomorrow, because I’m kicking off a new Author Spotlight blog series I am so, so excited about, and you’re not gonna wanna miss my first guest!
1. Read 5 MGs – I HAVE BEGUN. This past weekend I started WHEN YOU REACH ME by Rebecca Stead, and just you wait until next month’s check-in, because I guarantee I’ll have read at least two more!
2. Read 20 Non-Contemp YAs – This month, I added DARK STAR by Bethany Frenette to the list, for a total of seven! (I also got to read Lindsay Smith’s amaaaazing 2015 release – the first of two! – SKANDAL, the sequel to SEKRET, which I’m pretty sure everyone knows I freaking loved, so although I don’t get to add that to the count, I’m pretty proud of myself that it was a dual Paranormal month.
3. Read 10 Adult Books – TWO DOWN – BOO YAH! I fiiiinally read TELL THE WOLVES I’M HOME by Carol Rifka Brunt and VERONICA MARS: THE THOUSAND-DOLLAR TAN LINE, which totally counts.
4. Read 115 Other Books – I’m up to 59 for the year (as seen here), so, minus the eight non-contemp YAs and two adult books, I’m at 49/115. Not bad!
5. Finish my Follow-Up to BEHIND THE SCENES – Check! Under the Lights is currently with my editor, and I am doing that whole “waiting with bated breath” thing.
6. Finish drafting LAST WILL AND TESTAMENT – Check! I’m not gonna lie – I fell into a weird trap of half-assing the ending because I honestly wasn’t sure how I wanted it to go, but thankfully, this is what great betas/CPs are for! Much love to Sara Taylor Woods and Maggie Hall for turning in some awesome notes on my first draft!
7. Finish drafting my chick lit ms – Nope, this is definitely on hold until later in the year.
8. Write at least three posts pimping QUILTBAG (QUeer/QUestioning Intersex Lesbian Transgender Bisexual Asexual Gay) titles – I unfortunately didn’t get to be much of an active participant in #LGBTApril, but I did post about it here, and host a guest post from the lovely Jess Verdi about it, so I’ve definitely left “three” in the dust. Though I’m hoping you can expect another one from me elsewhere in June ;)
9. Blog more about New Adult, specifically expanding upon the things I talk about here – I still have so many thoughts, and I’ve really been enjoying NALitChat on Twitter, but no new posts about it yet :)
10. Interview another one of my all-time favorite YA writers – So, I haven’t yet interviewed the one I really have in mind (though I hope to be meeting her next month) but as I mentioned above, I am starting a new blog series I am craaaazy excited about, and I’ve already had several of my faves agree to participate, so come check it out, beginning tomorrow at 9 AM EST!