I like goals. I like lists. I like crossing goals off of lists. And I like being accountable, because for me, it actually works. I even acquired an accountabilibuddy for myself this year! (It’s Lindsay Smith. Her paranormal historical YA, SEKRET, comes out in April. It’s really freaking good. You should buy it.) But I figured that in addition to our e-mail status check-ins that encompass our weekly goals, I’d do a monthly check-in on the 2014 goals I posted here. And I’d love to see how everyone else is doing on theirs in the comments!
So! Here’s my progress for January:
- Read 5 MGs – Ummmm not yet
- Read 20 Non-Contemp YAs – Two down! THE FOURTH WISH by Lindsay Ribar comes out in July and is a fan-freakin-tastic followup to her debut, THE ART OF WISHING, which you may recall was one of my fave reads of 2013. I also just read GRACELING, and enjoyed that a lot too!
- Read 10 Adult Books – I started WRITTEN ON THE BODY by Jeannette Winterson a little under a week ago, so, maybe that’ll be my first one?
- Read 115 Other Books – Thirteen down! Here‘s what I’ve read so far in 2014.
- Finish My Follow-Up to BEHIND THE SCENES – Still a work-in-progress, but A) you may have noticed on either my blog or website that it now has an official title, UNDER THE LIGHTS, and B) I’m making some actual progress. Yay!
- Finish drafting LAST WILL AND TESTAMENT – Not yet, but this is good, since I’m not allowed to touch it until I finish UtL, and I’ve only cheated the tiniest bit 🙂
- Finish drafting my chick lit ms – Ditto!
- Write at least three posts pimping QUILTBAG (QUeer/QUestioning Intersex Lesbian Transgender Bisexual Asexual Gay) titles – One down, thanks to Barnes & Noble and SparkLife! Check out 8 Great LGBTQ Characters in Young Adult Lit! Looking forward to doing another one on great 2014 LGBTQ titles mid-year, once some of my upcoming faves are published!
- Blog more about New Adult, specifically expanding upon the things I talk about here – Haven’t blogged about the category specifics in the way I want to, but I did get to write a primer for B&N: A Beginner’s Guide to New Adult
- Interview another one of my all-time favorite YA writers – Haven’t even attempted this yet, but hey, it’s still early!
How are your 2014 goals coming along?