Well, after the long, strange trip of 2012, I’m excited to look forward and think about what comes next! So here are a few things I’m looking forward to in 2013; tell me what you’re looking forward to in the comments!
- Finally finishing my WIP, JUST VISITING! You can learn a little more about it here if you’re interested, but I suspect this thing is going to twist and turn so much during revisions that who knows what it’ll be at the end?!
- Pitch Wars, of course! Excited to get to share Team Smitten Kitten with the world and watch them get snatched up! And, the day after Pitch Wars happens to be a very special day as well…. AND I’m getting two very special visitors, who’s staying with me to attend….
- SCBWI! So excited to be able to attend my first conference, especially since I’ll be joined by some amazing CPs and writer friends I can’t wait to meet!
- Books on my TBR finally coming out in paperback! (Yes, I abhor hardcover books. So sue me.) Top of my list? CODE NAME VERITY by Elizabeth Wein (May 7, 2013), LOLA AND THE BOY NEXT DOOR by Stephanie Perkins (July 16, 2013), SOMETHING LIKE NORMAL by Trish Doller (No word yet on Amazon), and THE DISENCHANTMENTS by Nina LaCour (No word yet on Amazon).
- Amazing debuts by amazing people! Can’t wait to pick up GAME. SET. MATCH. by Jennifer Iacopelli (May 1, 2013), CANARY by Rachele Alpine (August 28, 2013), RED by Alison Cherry (October 8, 2013), RECLAIMED by Sarah Guillory (October 2013), and FAULT LINE by Christa Desir (November 12, 2013)!
- More friends announcing book deals and agent signings! And that’s all I’ll say about that 😉
- Upcoming blog posts – you can find me next on Pen and Muse (January 6) and YA Misfits (January 16)! Plus, I’m hoping to do another Perpetual WIPs page, this one for pre-published authors, so if you fall into that category, I just might be coming for you around February… (Feel free to cut me off at the pass and let me know if you’d be interested in participating!) AND I’ve got a giveaway planned, so, stay tuned!
- Finishing the chick lit book I’ve been working on, on and off, for… I don’t even know how long now. But a certain couple of CPs have demanded it be finished, so here’s hoping it will be!
- Plus, you know, some personal things involving my sister and some close friends having babies (one having twins!) so, that’s pretty cool too 😉
So that’s 2013 as I know it so far! What are you looking forward to next year?