Alison Cherry, All of You, Barbara Stewart, Cherry Money Baby, Christa Desir, Christina Lee, Cora Carmack, Fault Line, Finding It, Jessica Martinez, John M. Cusick, Josin L. McQuein, Mindy McGinnis, Not a Drop to Drink, Olivia Twisted, One & Only, Premeditated, Reclaimed, Red, Roomies, Sara Zarr, Sarah Guillory, Simone Elkeles, Tara Altebrando, The In-Between, The Vow, Top Ten Tuesday, Trish Doller, Viv Daniels, Vivi Barnes, Where the Stars Still Shine, Wild Cards
Time for another Top Ten Tuesday post, courtesy of the fab ladies at The Broke and the Bookish! This week’s post is Top Ten Books on my Fall 2013 TBR list, so, without further ado, here’s mine!
1. FAULT LINE by Christa Desir (10/15/13) – I’ve been dying for this book since pretty much the second I knew it existed, so this one’s a definite no-brainer. Christa’s a fantastic writer-person who also tirelessly advocates for rape victims, and I can’t even imagine a more qualified person to write this book.
2. WHERE THE STARS STILL SHINE by Trish Doller (9/24/13) – As soon as I finished SOMETHING LIKE NORMAL, I knew I would hunt down Trish’s next book like a rabid dog. Fortunately, not much longer to wait!
3. OLIVIA TWISTED by Vivi Barnes (11/5/13) – I’ve already pre-ordered this badass-looking contemporary retelling of OLIVER TWIST; can’t wait to have it in my hands!
4. RED by Alison Cherry (10/8/13) – Been looking forward to this one for a lonnng time. Small towns, satire, and fiery hair? Wins all around!
5. ROOMIES by Tara Altebrando and Sara Zarr (12/3/13) – One of my favorite mostly-under-the-radar authors (seriously, read THE PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS if you haven’t yet) combines with one of my auto-buy authors to write a dual-POV book about friendship on the high school-college cusp. (Sound like anything I may have written recently?) In this one, though, the friends are brand-new and have never met, the friendship is epistolary, and they’ve already been slated college roommates. So, yes, obvious choice for my TBR!
6. FINDING IT by Cora Carmack (10/1/13) – This series is just plain fun, and has gotten me through many a long subway ride. (OK, maybe not many, because they’re superfast reads, but still.) Looking forward to the next installment!
7. NOT A DROP TO DRINK by Mindy McGinnis (9/24/13) – Not my usual genre, but I’m so in love with the premise, the promise of a badass heroine, and the cover that I couldn’t resist if I wanted to.
8. CHERRY MONEY BABY by John M. Cusick (9/10/13) – Even if the author didn’t happen to double as agent to my beautiful CP Gina, I’d be clamoring for this book that combines big Hollywood with small-town USA, which, for anyone following my own books, just happen to be a few of my favorite things!
9. THE IN-BETWEEN by Barbara Stewart (11/5/13) – It’s embarrassing that I have an ARC of this and still haven’t read it yet because it sounds so freaking badass. I must rectify that immediately!
10. PREMEDITATED by Josin L. McQuein (10/8/13) – Let’s be real: if you worked on your query letter sometime in the last 2-3 years, this is probably on your TBR too.
And here are a few more as a bonus, because I’ve already read these fabulous books in ARC or manuscript form as either a fan or copy editor, but they’re coming out this fall, and I was dying to read them before I got to, so shouldn’t they count?? Of course they should!
ONE & ONLY by Viv Daniels (11/8/13) – I love NA, but was getting a little tired of seeing the same tropes over and over, especially the Alpha male/artsy girl combo. Enter Dylan and Tess, my new favorite sexy science-loving duo… and probably yours too, come November.
RECLAIMED by Sarah Guillory (10/15/13) – I can’t wait for everyone else to experience Sarah’s gorgeous writing. As I was reading it I was dying to tweet stellar line after stellar line. And I have to admit that I totally thought I’d nailed all the twists and turns… but alas, there was always another up ahead!
ALL OF YOU by Christina Lee (9/17/13) – Another NA that turns the “bad boy” thing on its head… by giving us a virgin LI who is actually a nice guy. BOUT DAMN TIME. (Oh, and he’s absurdly hot. Did I mention that?) Bennett Reynolds is definitely one of my favorite NA boys!
THE VOW by Jessica Martinez (10/15/13) – I loved her debut, VIRTUOSITY, and I love the really unusual-for-YA premise of this one. I also love that it’s about a guy-girl friendship that really is just a friendship, because I had a whole lot of those as a teen and wish I saw more of them! And you can read about whether or not this book is for you in this guest post on my blog by the author herself
WILD CARDS by Simone Elkeles (10/1/13) – Simone Elkeles writes damn hot dual POV romances, and WILD CARDS stood right up there with PERFECT CHEMISTRY for me. Certainly if you liked CATCHING JORDAN, this is not to be missed.
What’s on your fall TBR??